Friday, November 2, 2007

The A-Rod of Cyclocross


You know what really grinds my gears? Sven Nys. This guy has been wearing on me lately, and he won again this past weekend in Tabor. Afterwards he offered the following brilliant quote "I've got the feeling some riders can't get sleep the night before the race, they're scared out of their pants, but it doesn't keep me awake really." He should have added "unless of course it is the night before worlds, then everyone can rest easy knowing I'll grind my bars into sawdust and finish off the podium again, writing another chapter in my book of how to choke on the biggest possible stage."
Sweet picture, eh?

2 comments:

EyeBob said...

I dunno if he's doping, but his dominance sure suggests it.

Just sayin'

BT

zank said...

I guess I like Nys for the same reason I like the Pats. I like to see the domination. It fascinates me. I feel like the Sensei from Karate Kid.

Kreese: This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class.